Enhancing your backyard pool environment can be as simple or elaborate as you choose, depending on your budget or desired project scope. It may be as simple as adding colorful poolside flower pots or as elaborate as building an integrated spa. Landscaping, fire features, and shade structures are just a few of the ways you can extend the fun of the pool into the rest of your backyard.
Backyard Pool Options
Spend more time outdoors and beautify your space for entertaining. This can be achieved by integrating your pool with backyard landscaping. Get great ideas and inspiration from HGTV, Country Living and Houzz.
Extend time outdoors on cool evenings and add warmth and excitement with poolside fire features. You can find great ideas and inspiration from Luxury Pools + Outdoor Living, Architecture Art Designs, and Houzz.
You can spend more time outside during the heat of the day by including shaded areas in your backyard plans. Add comfort and cooling with a shade structure, porch, fabric structure, or pergola near your swimming pool. Get inspired by these shade structure ideas from Architectural Digest, Better Homes & Gardens, and HGTV.
Quick ‘Refresh’ Ideas for the New Year
- Pool season is right around the corner, so now is a good time to plan your big and small pool projects. What if you’re ready for a quick refresh right now? You can make really fast updates by focusing on the soft side of the pool, from deck furniture to inflatables.
- New patio or deck furniture can transform the look of your yard. Choose a style that complements your swimming pool and provides a variety of uses, from lounging to dining.
- Last season’s furniture can be brought up to date with fresh new cushions and new umbrellas. Try a new color scheme or pattern for the new year and give your patio a whole new look.
- New styles and patterns in pool-safe dishes, drinkware, and linens lend a fresh perspective to your patio tables.
- Poolside planters bring bold color and texture to your yard. What color scheme will you use in your planters this year? Get started by researching new varieties that grow well in your climate and require little care, but make a big impression.
Involve the kids in the planning, too! Let them pick out a few cool new inflatables, monogrammed pool towels, or family pool games to amp up the action when the pool season arrives – soon!
Find more inspiration!
Visit MyDreamPool.com and plan your budget, view an inspiring photo gallery of amazing pools, and visualize your own pool with the virtual dream pool tool.