Are you ready to convert a chlorine pool to a salt water pool? Converting a pool from chlorine to a salt water system is much simpler than you might expect. Here’s how you can get a luxurious saltwater swimming pool in just 8 simple steps.
8 Steps to Converting Your Pool to Saltwater
- Balance the water in your pool according to your installation manual specifications.
- Note: You do not need to drain your pool.
- Add the required amount of pool-grade salt to achieve the desired concentration. Salt quantity is based on the volume of water in your pool. The bigger the pool, the more salt is needed.
- Broadcast the salt across the pool surface – it may take up to 24 hours to fully dissolve.
- Note: Consult your installation manual. The manual should provide a table detailing the amount of salt required. Click here to view our chemistry quick start guide.
- Mount the chlorinator controller on a wall near your pool equipment pad. Make sure to consult the installation manual for best results.
- Wire the chlorinator controller for power according to the manual specifications.
- Install the chlorinator cell into the pool plumbing after the filter.
- Note: The chlorinator cell should be the last piece of equipment on the pool pipe before the water returns to the pool.
- Connect the chlorinator cell to the chlorinator controller. That’s it for the pool equipment!
- Turn on the pool pump, check for any leaks and operate it for several hours to help circulate the water and dissolve the salt.
- Turn on the salt chlorinator and start enjoying your salt water pool!
Once you have converted to a saltwater swimming pool, continue maintenance as usual. This will help to assure clean, clear water and extend the life of your pool equipment.
How Does a Salt Chlorinator Work?
Salt chlorinators convert salt into a self-regenerating supply of pure chlorine for soft and safe water. Hayward’s chlorine generator systems convert dissolved salt into the perfect amount of chlorine for your pool. Our systems create water that is silky-smooth and sanitized for a pleasant, healthful swimming experience for your family.
Here’s how it works: You add pool-grade salt to your pool and wait until it dissolves. Power is applied to the chlorine generator to convert the dissolved salt into chlorine. Fresh, pure chlorine treated water is returned to the pool for complete sanitization and swimming comfort. It’s as simple as that!
Hayward’s salt chlorination system is less work for pool owners, is easier on your family’s budget, and is a more convenient sanitization method than traditional chemical chlorine sanitization. Click here to learn more about the benefits of salt chlorination.
Enjoy your Salt Water Pool
Get started today! You can convert your chlorine pool into a saltwater swimming pool and enjoy the benefits of salt water chlorination right in your own backyard. If your pool has a traditional chlorine sanitization system, you can easily switch to Hayward’s advanced salt chlorination system.
Contact your local Hayward Dealer today to learn how you can create an optimal salt water pool experience.
To learn more about the advantages of salt water pools, read our blog article Advantages of Salt Water Pools.
Share this article with family and friends by clicking the ‘share’ button below!