Pool lighting can transform your outdoor environment and enhance your family’s pool experience.
Customized lighting options allow pool owners to change the mood and highlight water features and architectural elements. Pool lighting helps to create a backyard ambiance that’s uniquely yours. Today’s energy-efficient LED pool lighting helps you save, extends the life of your pool into the evenings, and improves safety for night time swimming and backyard entertaining.
Benefits of Pool and Spa Lighting
Pool lighting can help to create a backyard pool experience that truly satisfies your needs and fulfills your dreams. Here are some of the many benefits of pool lighting:
- Creates sparkling effects on night-time water surfaces
- Adds vibrant, mood-enhancing color
- Extends pool use into the evening
- Adds drama and mystery to the pool environment
- Improves night-time visibility and safety
- Enhances water effects like bubblers, fountains, waterfalls, and spas
- Can spill over to light up the whole yard
- Highlights and defines walls, decks, and architectural elements
Set the Mood
You can use the magic of lighting to create a back yard paradise that extends far beyond your pool. Lighting in and around your pool adds beauty, drama and mystery to your pool environment.
Enjoy all the options in pool lighting, from white lights to amazing automated and timed color effects. Lift the mood with bright light and playful color effects designed to suit any occasion or event. Bring mystery and excitement to your back yard paradise with mood-enhancing lighting. Celebrate holidays or birthdays with festive colored lights. Whatever your mood, pool lighting lets you create the back yard ambiance that you desire.
For lighting inspiration, visit our gallery of photos at mydreampool.com – see how lighting can transform your pool environment from great to amazing.
Highlight Special Features
You can highlight beautiful features of your backyard and pool area with unique lighting solutions using Hayward’s ColorLogic and CrystaLogic LED lights.
These small, vibrant lights are the perfect solution for illuminating features in your backyard or pool:
- Baja shelves
Enhance Poolside Safety
Poolside safety is enhanced with the addition of light. Pool, spa, and backyard lights can provide illumination for night swimming or poolside safety while entertaining.
Pool lighting improves the visibility and safety of your pool. It enhances contrast and highlights transitions between the pool and decks, walkways, stairs and other hard-to-see places. Underwater lighting allows for safer, more enjoyable swimming at night. Not only is it easier for swimmers to see at night, it also provides better visibility for monitoring others, especially children and pets.
Pool lighting extends the life of your pool, allowing you to take full advantage of your pool after night falls. Night swimming is a unique and very relaxing pool experience enhanced by the ambient lighting.
Transform your Backyard Pool with Hayward LED Lighting
Pool lighting is available in basic halogen and incandescent styles, as well as LED products, for existing and new pools. Although halogen and incandescent lamps are cheaper to purchase, switching to the more energy-efficient LED lighting options will reduce your electric bills. With LED products, you will need far fewer replacement lamps and will spend less time maintaining the lights. LED lights also brighten your pool area and can add more vibrant colors, enhancing your outdoor experience.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, LED lighting uses 75% less energy and lasts 25% longer than traditional incandescent lighting. You can use Hayward’s energy calculator to calculate the savings you’ll achieve by installing Hayward’s energy-efficient lighting products.
Hayward energy-efficient LED lighting is on the cutting edge of technology and is the brightest available on the market.
- Hayward’s energy-efficient, ColorLogic LED pool, spa and backyard lights illuminate your environment with vibrant color. Options include 10 solid colors and 7 dynamic, light-changing colors for light shows. Lights are available in 4 sizes and many brightness levels. For a free demonstration of your pool ambience using ColorLogic’s bright, vibrant colors, contact your local pool professional.
- 12-volt CrystaLogic lighting is the industry’s brightest and most versatile white LED lights. They last 10 times longer than an incandescent light and save up to 84% on energy costs. CrystalLogic lights are also a great choice where existing pool lights are being replaced.
- Universal ColorLogic LED lights are the only UL-listed lights to retrofit to virtually any existing pool. Its low-voltage design is made entirely of high impact plastic, including an unbreakable lens and no exposed metal parts.
You can put the power of orchestrated color shows right at your fingertips with Hayward’s ColorLogic Light Controller automation system. Use the timer or turn it on as you enter your pool area. The switch can be retrofitted to an existing lighting switch for easy installation. Using the light switch, you can control the speed, motion, and brightness of your light shows, setting the mood or theme for any occasion.
Enjoy Your Pool – Day and Night
Adding lighting to your pool can change the mood and feel of your pool, adding mystery and elegance to your backyard environment. It can extend the use of your pool so that you can take full advantage of summer nights – enjoy a swim and an active social life by the pool on beautiful evenings. The lighting you choose can increase safety by improving visibility and highlighting transitional areas, such as stairs and ramps. Enjoy a beautiful outdoor environment, even when it’s dark out, when you add LED pool lighting.