If you’re like me and find the cost of cleaning products offensive, look to home-made remedies that are green and will save you a lot of green! This is a great article from our friends at Ehow.com.
Cleaning Your Patio
- Spray your patio down with your garden hose
- Mix white vinegar and water in a bucket using a 1:15 ratio and scrub patio with a long-handled scrub brush. Let penetrate for 5 minutes
- When you’ve gone over the patio, wash everything off using your hose. If you see areas that are still soiled, repeat the soap scrub.
- Remove the cushions and lay them on a clean tarp. Brush the fabric with a soft scrub brush to remove loose debris and dirt.
- Mix 1/4 cup mild dish soap per gallon of warm water.
- Spot clean any stubborn stains prior to cleaning the entire cushion. Pour lemon juice directly onto the stains and allow it to dry. This will loosen the stains.
- Dip a sponge or soft scrub brush into the bucket of cleaning solution. Scrub the fabric gently with the cleaning solution, cleaning both sides of the fabric. Avoid scrubbing too forcefully so as not to damage the fabric.
- Use same solution to clean the furniture too.
- Fill bucket with plain water. Scrub the fabric and furniture with a sponge to remove any cleaning solution and dirt residue.
- Allow the fabric to dry completely in the sun. Pour white vinegar into a spray bottle and thoroughly spray the fabric. This will protect the fabric from future stains of mold and mildew
- The same process and cleaning solution can be used on umbrellas.
Read more: How to Clean Patio Furniture Fabrics