Now is the perfect time to consider spring upgrades and improvements to make your pool and spa more efficient. You may be surprised at how quickly you can save money on your pool investment by utilizing energy saving upgrades. Many pool professionals can even offer evaluations of your existing pool equipment, conduct energy audits, and make recommendations on equipment upgrades. They will also be able to give you a range on the annual energy savings you can expect, and how quickly you can expect to get a return on your investment.
Seeking Energy-Saving, Pool Equipment Upgrades
- Variable-Speed Pumps– Upgrading from a single-speed, to a variable-speed pool pump can save you as much as 90% on energy costs.
- Pool and Spa Automation– Consider automating your pool functions – it can save you as much as 70% on your energy costs.
- Robotic Automatic Pool Cleaners– These hard-working cleaners determine the most efficient cleaning path possible using up to 94% less energy.
- Heat Pumps– This upgrade can save you up to 80% on energy costs compared to gas heaters.
- Pool and Spa LED Lighting– Provide beauty, all while using up to 86% less energy than incandescent lighting.
Tips To Conduct A Pool Pad Energy Audit
- Conduct an audit of your own. Check out our FREE online Energy Calculator or download our FREE Hayward Energy Solutions Calculator App. All you need to do is enter your pool size, answer a few questions and our program will show you what you can save in energy and money. Pay close attention to the pump settings, as single-speed pumps are the single, biggest energy users on pool pads.
- When enlisting a pool pro for an audit, have last season’s utility bills available for the months you typically run your pool equipment.
- Talk with your pool professional about how and when to use your pool cover. Also find a pool professional to inform you on the best times to run your pool equipment and the duration you should have it run. This includes heating, cleaning and filtration cycles too. Make sure to provide details by month if possible. The more information you provide your pool pro, the better they can advise you.
- Watch Hayward’s Efficiency Video on ways you can make your pool more energy efficient.
- Also check out how many utilities and energy efficiency service providers offer rebates to pool owners who purchase energy efficient pool equipment such as Hayward’s ENERGY STAR approved variable speed pumps.