February is the perfect time of year to consider energy-saving upgrades for your pool. You may be surprised by the money you’re wasting, and just how quickly you can get your money back on your investment.
Talk to the pros! Many pool professionals will assess your existing pool equipment, and make recommendations on equipment upgrades. They will also be able to give you a range on the annual energy savings you can expect, and how quickly you can expect to get a return on your investment. Find a Pool Pro.
Top 5 readiness tips for your Pool Pro Energy audit
- Conduct a pre audit of your own. Check out our online Energy Calculator or download our Hayward Energy Solutions Calculator App. Plug in your pool size, answer a couple questions and it will offer you ways to save. Pay particular close attention to the pump settings. Single-speed pool pumps are the single, biggest energy hog on pool pads.
- Have last year’s utilities bills available for the months you’re running your pool equipment
- Make notes of how and when you use your pools during your season. This should include heating, cleaning and filtrations cycles. Days and times you swim the most. Details by month if possible.
- Watch a Hayward Efficiency YouTube video on ways you can make your pool more efficient.
- Educate yourself on the technologies that can help you save on your utility bills. Also read how utilities and energy efficiency service providers offer rebates to pool owners who purchase energy efficient pool equipment such as Hayward’s ENERGY STAR approved variable speed pumps.